In order to view two documents or two parts of the same document side by side within the PDF Expert app window, you use the Split View mode (Horizontal and Vertical). PDF Expert for Mac has several ways to enable Split View:
- Open a pdf file and right-click any area in the tab > Select 'Split View'.
- Open a pdf file and click 'View' on the main menu > Select 'Split View'.
- Open the files in two tabs and click the area between the tabs.
- Click the View settings button on the top toolbar.
- Drag and drop one tab over another one to enable the split mode.
You can change the position of documents in Split View mode: right click on the document > Split View > select ‘Horizontal’ or ‘Vertical’.
There is also the ability to Swap the documents sides: right click > Swap Sides.
To disable Split View, please right click on the file > Split View > Disable Split View.
If you would like to open a link/reference, which leads to a separate part of the PDF, in a split pane, right-click on the link and choose “Open Link in the Right Split Pane”.