Sync files across your Mac and iPad/iPhone using iCloud or any other cloud storage
PDF Expert allows keeping your files up-to-date between your iOS and macOS devices.
You can use iCloud Drive or any other cloud storage (e.g. DropBox, Google Drive, OneDrive etc.) to sync your files across devices and PDF Expert:
On your Mac:
- Download the cloud storage app to your Mac (e.g. Dropbox app, if you use Dropbox) and log in to your account. If you use iCloud Drive as a cloud storage of your choice, launch Finder > go to iCloud Drive tab > PDF Expert folder.
- Open the cloud storage app or iCloud Drive tab in Finder, double-click the file to open it in PDF Expert.
- Edit the file using PDF Expert; all changes will sync to the cloud and PDF Expert on the iOS device if you connect the same cloud storage account there.
On your iOS device:
- Open PDF Expert 6 > Services tab > Add account > Select the cloud service of your choice (e.g. Dropbox). If you use iCloud Drive, tap the iCloud folder to access the files which are located in iCloud Drive > PDF Expert folder.
- Edit files directly in the cloud or sync a folder from the web storage to have the offline access to your files.
- Files you edit on the iOS device will sync to your Mac and vice versa when you are online and the iOS app is running.
Transfer PDFs, that you are working on, from your Mac to iOS and vice versa using Readdle Transfer
Readdle Transfer allows you to start working on your file in PDF Expert on one of your iOS/ macOS devices and transfer it to another device to continue your work there. PDF Expert purchased in the Mac App store supports Apple Handoff as well.
To use Readdle Transfer, make sure that the following requirements are met:
- PDF Expert (or Documents on iOS device) app should be running on both devices.
- We recommend having your devices on the same network.
- You are signed into iCloud using the same Apple ID on both iOS/macOS devices.
- iCloud Drive is enabled for both devices: on your iPhone/iPad (iOS settings > Apple ID > iCloud > iCloud Drive is 'On’) and on your Mac (System Preferences > iCloud > iCloud Drive is 'On’).
To transfer the file from your iPhone/iPad to Mac via Readdle Transfer, follow the steps below:
- Open the file in PDF Expert 6 on your iPhone or iPad.
- On your Mac, launch PDF Expert for Mac and click the blue Readdle Transfer button.
- Choose the necessary file and continue working with this file on your Mac. The file on your iPhone/iPad will be updated automatically if you tap 'Reload' on iPhone/iPad. If you edit the file on your iPhone/iPad, click 'Reload' on your Mac to update the file on Mac.
- To save the latest version of the file to your Mac, use the Command-S keyboard shortcut or ‘Save as functionality and choose ‘Save to Mac’.
To transfer the PDF from your Mac to iPad/iPhone, open the file in PDF Expert for Mac, launch PDF Expert on the iOS device and tap the Readdle Transfer tab, open the necessary file.
Mount your iPad/ iPhone as a network drive to access files in PDF Expert 6 on iPad/ iPhone
- On your Mac, click on the Finder icon.
- Select the Connect to Server option in the Go menu. You can use ⌘K shortcut as well.
- Type " http ://" and PDF Expert server's IP address and port (for example, http://192.168.5.96). This information is displayed in Wi-Fi Drive tab of PDF Expert 6 settings and on top of the Services tab on your iPhone .
- Press Connect button. You can also add a server to the Favourite Servers list.
As a result, you should get Shared Disk mounted on your Mac and access your PDF Expert 6 files using PDF Expert for Mac.