If you want to export an Outlook or any other email as a PDF to save up some storage on your email account or keep a copy of the important information from an email, you can use the Print option for that.
Here, we provide simple step-by-step guides on how to save email as PDF on your Mac.
- How to save an email conversation as a PDF in the Outlook app
- How to save Outlook email as a PDF in the Mail app or other apps
- How to save email as PDF from anywhere
How to save an email conversation as a PDF in the Outlook app
It may be difficult to find an important email or receipt in an overflowing inbox right away. Consider saving your email as a PDF for quick access to an email or as an archive and backup option.
To save an email or several emails at once as a PDF, follow these steps:
- Open the Microsoft Outlook app on a Mac.
- Find the email or multiple emails that you want to save.
- Control-click the email or press CMD to select multiple emails and control-click the selection.
- Select the Print option or press ⌘ + P.
- Find the PDF menu at the bottom of the print menu and click the arrow next to PDF.
- Click Save as PDF.
How to save Outlook email as a PDF in the Mail app or other apps
To export an email or multiple emails as a PDF, follow the simple steps below:
- Open the Mail app or the email of your choice.
- Select the email you want to save as a PDF
- Select File > Export as PDF.
- Specify the PDF file name and where to save it.
For multiple emails, select the email conversations using ⌘ and click.
Depending on the email application you are using, you might need to select the Print or Print Conversation option to get to the Save as PDF button.
How to save email as PDF from anywhere
Most applications support the standard ⌘ + P shortcut. It prepares the email conversation for printing, and then you can select the Save as PDF option.
Alternatively, open the email you want to save and search for the additional option to get to the Print option and later, ‘Save as PDF’.
Once you have PDFs, you might want to remove some sensitive information or crop a page. With PDF Expert on a Mac, you can edit text, images, and links in PDFs without much effort.
Download PDF Expert for your Mac and easily edit your PDFs.