2 easy ways to fill out a PDF form on Mac
You can easily fill out any PDF form with PDF Expert. Trusted by 3 million people and awarded by Apple, it’s the go-to PDF app for Mac. Here’s what one of our users says, “This app just helped me fill out a form that even Adobe Acrobat couldn’t fully do. Thanks!”
Get PDF Expert and try it now!
1. How to fill out PDF forms with PDF Expert
Some PDF forms might be tricky. For example, non-interactive PDF forms that don't respond when you click on them. That's when PDF Expert comes to the rescue:
- Download PDF Expert and open any PDF form to fill it out.
- Click the field that should be completed.
- Start typing. As easy as that!
PDF Expert supports:
- Acro forms created in Adobe Acrobat or similar programs.
- Static XFA forms created in Adobe LiveCycle.
- Dynamic XFA forms are not currently supported in PDF Expert.
Supported form fields:
- Text fields – click on a field to start typing.
- Checkbox and radio buttons – click the appropriate box to make a selection.
- Number fields and calculation – type the numbers in the numeric form fields and the calculations will update automatically.
2. How to fill out a non-interactive PDF form
Don't worry if your form doesn’t have any active fields. You can still fill it out with PDF Expert:
- Open the form you want to fill out.
- Click Annotate on the toolbar.
- Select the Text tool and type whatever you need.
To fill checkboxes, simply type "x" or use the Stamp tool.
If you're wondering how to make a fillable PDF on Mac, PDF Expert will add this functionality in the future as we're constantly working on improving your experience.
The last thing to do before you get back to life is to share the form with someone else (unless you filled it out just for fun). We recommend securing your form and flattening it, so nobody can edit the data. Just click File > Save as Flatten in PDF Expert and share your form confidently.
Get PDF Expert today!