- Download PDF Expert for free.
- Drag and drop your file on the PDF Expert intro screen.
- Click Create in the prompt.
- Your PDF is ready!
PDF is an ideal file format for sharing as your document will look just as you intended on any device. That’s why you’d need a good, free PDF converter for Mac and would often have to search how to convert Word to PDF. We'll show you how to easily do it with PDF Expert.
How to convert Word to PDF on Mac with PDF Expert
Trusted by 6 million people, PDF Expert is a go-to PDF app for Mac that includes a powerful built-in PDF converter. It lets you easily create PDFs from Word files, images, or spreadsheets in just a few clicks.
There are three different ways to convert Word to PDF on Mac.
Option 1: Instantly convert Word to PDF on Mac with drag & drop
- Download PDF Expert and launch it.
- Drag & drop the file you wish to convert to the PDF Expert intro screen.
- Click Create in a pop-up.
- That’s all! Your PDF file is ready to be saved.
Option 2: Drag & drop a file to the app icon to convert it
- Get PDF Expert and launch it. The PDF Expert app icon appears in the Dock.
- Right-click (Control + Click) on the PDF Expert icon in the Dock, click on Options and then click on Keep in Dock.
- Drop any file onto the PDF Expert icon and the app automatically creates a PDF file for you.
This works even if PDF Expert isn’t currently open. When you drag & drop a file onto the app icon, PDF Expert automatically opens it for you and converts your file to PDF.
Option 3: Convert Word to PDF from the PDF Expert menu
- Download PDF Expert and open the app.
- Click File at the top-left of your screen.
- Select New > From File.
- Pick the file you want to convert to PDF.
- Your PDF file is ready!
Once you’ve converted your file to PDF, you can edit it in many ways, from adding comments and signing to reordering pages or merging it with other files. Check these how-to guides to get started with PDF Expert.
Download PDF Expert for free and easily convert Word to PDF on your Mac!