Scanning a PDF document with PDF Expert on Mac
Creating a scan can be cumbersome if you haven’t scanned documents before or don’t know where to start. However, scanning files is easier than you think, and with the right tools and knowing what to do, it can be a matter of minutes.
Here is our guide on scanning PDFs on Mac.
If you have a photo of your document
If you need a scan to PDF, PDF Expert can convert a photo of your document into a PDF without using any scanner equipment.
- Open PDF Expert.
- Select File > New > From Images…
- Select one or more photos of your document and click Continue.
- PDF Expert will create a PDF file.
- You can select Scan & OCR to recognize text in your document or enhance the file.
- Don’t forget to save a file to use it later or share with others.
If you have an iPhone or iPad
The camera on iPhone and iPad is great for taking high-quality photos and can be used to scan your documents.
- Prepare a document that needs to be scanned.
- Open PDF Expert on Mac.
- Select File in the app’s menu > Import from iPhone or iPad > Scan Documents.
- Once you see a pop Scan a document with “Your iPhone or iPad Name”, use your iPhone or iPad’s camera to scan a document.
- Tap Keep Scan on your iPhone or iPad once you are happy with the scanned pages. Then tap Save to import the scanned document to PDF Expert on Mac.
That’s it! Your document is now ready. PDF Expert is great not only for scanning documents but also for working with scanned files. You can open Scan & OCR on the tool panel and easily activate OCR to recognize text, enhance scan, split and crop pages, and clear margins.
The set of tools was designed specifically for professionals who work with scanned documents and textbooks.
In case you want to use your scanner or printer with a scanner
PDF Expert can work with existing scanned documents to crop pages, clear margins, use OCR (optical character recognition) in the file, and perform many other actions.
- Prepare your document for scanning.
- Follow your scanner or printer with a scanner’s manual to scan your documents.
- Open the scanned file in PDF Expert.
- Select Scan & OCR.
Use the available enhancements for your scanned document: text recognition, enhanced scan, split pages, crop pages, and clear margins.
PDF Expert has all the tools you need to work with PDFs efficiently and conveniently. The app is excellent for working with existing documents and scans, as well as creating PDFs from scratch. You can use a PDF scanner in PDF Expert to recognize the text in your document or enhance your scans.
Entrust PDF Expert with all PDF-related assignments.