How to transfer PDFs from your Mac to iPhone or iPad
How to transfer PDFs from Mac to iPhone or iPad via USB
To get started with importing PDFs, please, make sure the latest version of iTunes is installed on your computer. To download iTunes use this link.
Once iTunes is installed, follow the steps below to load files or even folders to PDF Expert:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer via USB cable.
- Launch iTunes on your computer and tap the iPhone/iPad icon on the top toolbar.
- Switch to Apps tab and scroll down to the File Sharing section.
- Find PDF Expert and simply drop your files to the Documents section.
Done! After that, the files you've uploaded will be placed in PDF Expert "iTunes files" folder on your mobile device.
You can also use iTunes to download your files from PDF Expert. To do that make sure that all of the necessary data were loaded to "iTunes files" folder.
How to wirelessly transfer PDFs from Mac to iPhone or iPad
With PDF Expert by Readdle you can easily download or upload documents via local Wi-Fi connection directly to or from any computer.
For this, please follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi Drive.
- Turn On 'Enable Drive' toggle and check IP address at the bottom of a page.
- Open your Web browser (Safari, Chrome or Mozilla) on your computer and type the URL. For example http://192.168.1.1.
- Confirm the connection in PDF Expert.
- You will see the list of your documents in the web browser on computer. To download a file, simply click on it. To upload files, click Choose and Upload buttons at the bottom. Done!
Also, you can benefit from the cutting-edge transferring technology - Readdle Transfer.
- To use Readdle Transfer between your Mac and iOS device, PDF Expert app should be running on both devices;
- It is recommended to have your devices on the same network;
- You are signed in to iCloud using the same Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac;
- iCloud Drive is enabled for all of your devices: on your iPhone/ iPad (iOS settings > iCloud > iCloud Drive is 'On') and on your Mac (System Preferences > iCloud > Cloud Drive is 'On')
To transfer a file from your iPhone/ iPad to Mac using Readdle Transfer, follow the steps below:
- Open the file in PDF Expert 5 on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open PDF Expert for Mac and click the Readdle Transfer button to get the file to your Mac.
- Continue working with the file on Mac while the file on your iPhone/ iPad will get modifications automatically if the file is still open there, simply tap "Reload" in the file modification pop-up on your iPhone or iPad.
- If you edit the file on iPhone/ iPad, modifications will be pushed to Mac automatically as well, simply tap "Reload" in the file modification pop-up on your Mac.
- If you have already closed the file on your iPhone/ iPad but need to get modifications from your Mac to iPhone/iPad, save the file on Mac manually and choose "Save back to iPhone/ iPad" option. If you want to save the modified file on your Mac, choose "Save to Mac" option.
To transfer a file from your Mac to iPhone/ iPad using Readdle Transfer, please follow the steps below:
- Open the file on Mac.
- Go to the Readdle Transfer tab on your iPhone/ iPad and choose the necessary file from the list of opened files.
- Tap the file and keep on working with it on iPhone/iPad; changes made on iPhone/ iPad will be automatically pushed to Mac if the file is open on Mac and vice versa, simply choose to "Reload" the file in the pop-up menu on Mac or iPhone/ iPad correspondingly. If you have closed the file on Mac, you will be prompted to Save changes to your iOS device or back to Mac upon closing the file on your iOS device.