Your guide to PDF merging on Mac
If you work with documents, you frequently need to combine multiple PDFs into one on your Mac. You may want to merge several reports in a single PDF to share with clients or gather statistical info from multiple sources in one PDF for easy reference. Whatever the case, PDF merging on Mac is pretty straightforward if you have the right app.
Trusted by 30 million of people and awarded by Apple, PDF Expert is the go-to PDF app for Mac, iPad, and iPhone. Unlike online PDF editors, PDF Expert is safe and private as editing happens on your device and nobody has access to your files.
Get PDF Expert for free and quickly combine two PDFs on your Mac!
How to combine multiple PDFs into one on Mac
Here’s the quickest way to merge multiple PDFs on your Mac:
- Launch PDF Expert and click File at the top left corner of the screen.
- Select Merge Files.
- Choose two or more PDFs you’d like to combine and press Merge.
Your file is ready!
How to combine two PDFs on Mac
If you need to merge just two PDF files, you can use this method:
- Open one of the files you wish to merge in PDF Expert.
- Click on the Thumbnails button on the toolbar at the top left of the screen.
- Select Append file on the top toolbar.
- Pick the desired PDF file and click Add.
How to combine PDF pages
Sometimes you may need to combine only specific pages from a document rather than the entire PDF files. Here’s how to do it in PDF Expert:
- Launch PDF Expert and open your file.
- Tap the View settings button at the top left and select the Split View mode.
- Open the second file in Split View, so you can see both PDFs side-by-side.
- Click on the Thumbnails icon at the top left.
- Now, you can just drag & drop pages from one PDF to another. It’s as easy as that!
How to reorder, rotate, and delete pages
Once you’ve combined several PDF files, you can easily reorder pages the way you wish. Here’s how:
- Open your PDF in PDF Expert.
- Click on the Thumbnails icon at the top left to see the small previews of all pages.
- Here’s how you can edit them:
- Reorder pages with drag & drop.
- To rotate a page, select the desired thumbnail, and click Rotate on the toolbar.
- To delete one or several pages, select them and click Delete (or press the backspace button).
- To copy or paste pages, pick the needed thumbnails, and select Copy or Paste on the toolbar. You can also press Cmd + C or Cmd + V.
- Extract one or more selected pages to save them as a separate file. For this, pick the pages, click Extract and select where to save the new PDF.
- To share a specific page via Mail, Airdrop, etc, pick the page and click Share.
How to flatten PDFs before combining them
If you’d like to merge a couple of PDF forms you’ve just filled out, you need to flatten them first. This makes your form non-interactive, so nobody can change the data you entered in the form fields.
To flatten your form in PDF Expert, click File > Save as Flatten. You’ll get a flattened copy of your form and will be able to merge it with other files using one of the methods we described above.
PDF merging on Mac is a breeze with PDF Expert. Besides helping you combine PDF files on Mac, PDF Expert can help you with any PDF task. Edit PDF text and images, sign documents, compress PDFs, and more.
Download PDF Expert for free, and let’s merge some files!