How to redact a PDF
5 simple steps how to redact a PDF on Mac:
- Download PDF Expert for free.
- Click on 'Edit' in the upper toolbar.
- Select 'Redact' option.
- Choose the way to hide content: 'Blackout' or 'Erase'.
- Select the fragment of text you want to hide.
Are you curious how to redact a PDF to permanently delete or white out sensitive texts or hidden data in your documents? PDF Expert on the job! Our PDF redaction tool is extremely useful when you need to hide your social security data or credit card numbers.
- In Edit mode, click on the 'Redact' button.
- Select the fragment of text you want to redact in PDF. There are two available options: blackout or erase.
Blackout removes selected sensitive content and puts a black box in its place.
Erase removes the selected sensitive content and leaves space in its place.
Also, you can search for the specific words you want to redact in PDF throughout the entire document. When someone asks you to send a copy of a contract, but he definitely shouldn't know about the sum of money you paid, you don't have to hide this information manually everywhere. PDF Expert will do that for you.
- Click on the 'Search' icon at the right sidebar.
- Type the word you want to hide in the 'Find and Redact' field.
- Select a search result and click 'Redact' or click 'All' to hide items. The 'Done' button is the final step. Voila!
So, if you're still wondering how to redact a PDF on Mac, PDF Expert offers the best PDF redaction tool on the platform and allows you to easily hide sensitive content from your documents and many other features.
You are welcome to get a free 7 days trial to check PDF Expert out. Please don't hesitate to let us know what you think.