How to edit a PDF on Mac
How to edit text in PDF:
- Download PDF Expert for free.
- Click 'Edit' in the upper toolbar and select 'Text' item.
- Choose a fragment of text you want to edit.
- Make changes and click on the blank space.
To edit image in PDF:
- Click 'Edit' and select 'Image' item.
- Click on the page and choose an image from Finder.
- Move and resize the image.
As you can see, it's a piece of cake with PDF Expert. Now, let's dive in details and you'll learn some essential tricks how to edit PDFs faster, better and more easily.
PDF format is indeed the fourth largest religion. This explains why so many people want to know how to convert to PDF.
PDF was initially designed as a reliable, non-editable variety of digital paper.
But honestly, there are many cases when you need to make changes in PDFs. Whether you want to fix a typo or add a couple of zeros to an invoice, we have found the best way how to edit a PDF file on Mac.
We created PDF Expert - a beautiful and powerful PDF Editor for Mac. Download a free trial and discover its features along with us!
Before we start, there are 2 main cases for editing a PDF:
- Edit PDF as a whole file - copy, add, extract or merge pages in the document;
- Edit PDF content - add shapes, signatures, stamps, annotate or edit existing text, images and links.
The ability to edit a PDF is vital for people who constantly work with contracts, agreements and other documents. There's always something wrong in the contract, and you usually find that in the last five minutes before the boss demands it. Or you might want to update your CV at warp speed.
There is a vast variety of editing tools; some of them work better and some worse. Our main goal is to show you all of them, so you can decide for yourself how to edit a PDF on Mac faster.
How to edit a PDF file on Mac with PDF Expert
PDF Expert is designed to be an easy-to-use, yet powerful PDF editor for Mac. The interface is super clean and intuitive, much like in an iOS version. PDFs are opened without delay, no matter if they are small email attachments or 2000-page image-rich reports.
Get your free trial now and let's start!
A single click opens a set of tools to edit your content. What are these tools?
How to edit text in PDF on Mac?
Do you want to make changes in a contract or fix a typo in your name or street address? Literally anything can be accomplished by PDF Expert.
To edit text in your document:
- Open the editing mode by clicking in the top toolbar.
- Click on the 'Text' button.
- Choose the piece of text you want to edit.
- Edit text in PDF and click on the blank space to preserve your changes.
Do you want to change your company's logo or insert a new graph in a business document? PDF Expert gives you enough capabilities to do any tricks with your images.
- Just open the editing mode by clicking in the top toolbar.
- Click on the 'Image' button.
- Click on the image to move, edit, rotate or delete it.
If you need to add a new image to your file:
- Click on the 'Image' button.
- Click anywhere in the document and choose the image you want to add.
How to add hyperlink to PDF?
Do you want to link any part of the text to a different page or a website? It's easy! Moreover, links can be added to your images (yay!).
- Click on the 'Link' button.
- Select the piece of text you want to link.
- Choose the link destination: 'to Page' or 'to Web'. Easy peasy.
Do you want to permanently delete or white out sensitive text and hidden data in your PDF? PDF Expert has the best PDF redaction tool! We found it to be extremely useful for legal contracts.
- In Edit mode, click on the 'Redact' button.
- Select the fragment of text you want to redact in PDF.
Search for the specific words you want to redact in Find menu.
- Click on the 'Search' icon at the right sidebar.
- Type the word you want to hide across all the document in the 'Find and Redact' field.
- Click on the 'Redact' button.
PDF Expert provides the best experience for create outlines to ease your navigation through whole files (especially if it's a large one).
- Click on 'Edit' > 'Add Outline item' or simply click ⌘⇧D.
- Right click on the Outline item at the sidebar and choose 'Delete', 'Rename' or 'Change Destination'.
- To add a new item, proceed 'Edit' > 'Add Outline item' or click ⌘⇧D again.
Do you want to merge PDFs into one file on Mac sometimes? It has never been so easy. If you want to mess with your colleagues' documents by mixing pages up and putting them all-in-one, this tool is definitely for you! Learn more about Merge
So, as you see, you can edit almost everything you want with PDF Expert.
You don't have to waste time when it comes to removing a word or replacing an image in your PDF. All you need to do is to make the right choice. We've already done everything by making PDF Expert a perfect solution for your PDF related tasks.