Millions of people print PDF contracts, invoices, tax forms, insertion orders and the like to fill them out, sign and return them by fax or scanned copy. This has to be stopped.
The paperless office starts with your iPhone or iPad. Any PDF form can be easily filled out by PDF Expert 6, the best PDF editor for your device. No paper, no ink - just one application can do it all for you!
Documents and file types that can be filled out easily with PDF Expert: CVs, Application forms, W9, W4, W2, Form #1040, invoices and many more.
How to fill out a PDF form on your iPhone or iPad:
- Download PDF Expert from the App Store.
- Open the PDF form that should be filled out.
- Click on the text field or checkbox to start filling in.
- Use 'Add text' and 'Stamp' features to fill out a non-interactive PDF form.
That's it. Let's take a closer look at how it all happens, and most importantly, let's find the best way that works for you.
Filling in form fields
- Text fields – tap on the active area of the field to type in the text.
Note: You can disable Highlight from fields toggle under Settings > PDF Viewer to hide the square around the field.
- Checkbox and radio button – tap the appropriate box to make a selection.
- Drop-down list – tap the appropriate box to make a selection.
- Number fields and calculation – type the numbers in the form fields and the calculations will be processed automatically.
- Date field – tap the field with the appropriate format and select the date from the keyboard below.
- Time field – tap the field with the appropriate format and select the Time from the keyboard below.
Note: You can create a date or time field in Adobe Acrobat by assigning Date or Time to a text field Format Properties.
- Signature field – tap it and select a signature type you want to use. My Signature is your personal signature that is saved within PDF Expert and can be reused later. Customer Signature is not saved and has to be created by every customer that signs the document.
How to clear a PDF form from all the content
Sometimes you have to to clear your PDF form or change some data within the fields. PDF Expert will do it in three taps.
To clear a form and remove all data from all fields:
- Open the form.
- Tap '…' .
- Select Clear Form and confirm your action by tapping Yes.
Attention: PDF Expert doesn't support LiveCycle Dynamic XFA forms.
Usually, the final step is sharing the form with someone else, unless you filled it out just for fun! If you want secure your form and prevent it from being edited by others, mail it as 'Flatten' copy.
Every month, over 1 million people get their projects done with PDF Expert. Download it now and enjoy the best experience filling out forms on your iPhone and iPad.